ABOUT LIFE CHURCH AUSTRALIA
We value relationship with God. We believe that we are to be fully devoted to Christ and honour Him above all else.
We value Christian character. We believe that we are to be ambassadors of Christ, and as such, conduct our lives in such a way that will always honour him.
We value Christian community. We believe the local church is an expression of the family of God, and as such, all relationships are built on the understanding that we are a family.
We value the mandate of Jesus to reach all people groups. We believe that God has entrusted the church with the mandate to reach all nations.
We value the equality of all people. We believe there are no barriers in the Kingdom of God. Everyone who is a follower of Jesus, regardless of their status, ethnicity, age, or whether they are male or female, are equally valued, accepted and have equal opportunity in the kingdom of God.
We value the uniqueness of culture. We believe every ethnic group has within its culture a unique expression which adds value to the church and that together the combined expression reflects the creativity of God in His people.
We value the grace of God working in his church. We believe that it is God’s grace (God’s empowering presence) working in the community of believers which causes us to be transformed into the people that God intends us to be.
We value the Bible as the inspired word of God. We believe that the Bible is the revealed word of God and that God never contradicts His word.
We value the ministry of all believers. We believe that God has given all members of His family gifts, abilities and resources, for the building up of the church and for the advancement of the kingdom of God.
We value the ministry of the body. We believe that God works through His body, the church, and that together as a family the church will fulfil its purpose, which is to declare God’s manifold wisdom to all of creation.
We value a creative expression in worship. We believe room should be given for the many and varied gifts, talents and creative abilities resident in the body including music, singing, dancing, drama etc.
We value making room for God to direct the meeting and speak to his people. We believe that when we gather together it is important to give room for God to direct the meeting and speak to His people through the gifts of the Spirit, such as prophecy, words of knowledge or words of wisdom.
We value God-given servant leadership. We believe that God places servant leadership in His church, which is there for its protection and to help the church fulfil its destiny. We embrace the ascension gift ministries of the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher, and recognise their role in bringing the church to maturity.
We value building for the next generation. We believe that we hold in trust what we have for the next generation. It is our responsibility to increase what we have in God and to invest into the next generation the necessary values and skills so that they will be wise stewards of God’s riches.
We value the greater body of Christ. We believe that the body of Christ is bigger than our own church family and therefore we are called to partner with other churches at local, national and international levels for the extension of the kingdom of God.
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16: 2 Peter 1: 19-2 1).
- There is one God. ‘Eternally existent in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19: 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. In His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death, in his resurrection’, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His future return to this earth in power and glory to rule and reign.
- In the blessed hope – the return of Jesus; in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation (Daniel 12:2; John 11:25-26; Revelation 21:7-8).
- That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ (Ephesians 1:7).
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation (John 1:31. 3:3; 1 Peter 1:23).
- In the sanctifying Power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life (Galatians 5:16).
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4 which is given to believers who ask (Luke. 11:13.).
- In the present day reality of the supernatural operation of the gifts of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:8-10 Hebrews 2:3-4).
- In the responsibility of all believers to witness to those who do not yet know Christ (Acts 1:8).
- That the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer (Isaiah 53:4-5: Matthew 5:17).
- In the observance of the ordinances of Christian baptism by immersion for believers and the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19; Act 2:38: 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- In the purpose of the church, which is to declare the manifold wisdom of God to all Rulers and Authorities in heavenly places. Ephesians 3:10